25 November 2006

The anonymous friend.

Hello!, today (25/11/06) I have receive 9 posts correcting my mistakes on English Posts!, I like to receive this kind of feedback! so this time there are so much mistakes that I have to wrote a new post with their.

The corrections are in bold done for my anonymous friend:

1º Post.
-------

I wrote;
> 10 reasons you shouldn't never get a job

Anonymous said;
>>10 reasons (why) you shouldn't (EVER) get a job : No double negatives in English.

I wrote;
> the ten reasons to don't get a job.

Anonymous said;
>>(these) ten reasons to (NOT) get a job.

I wrote;
> If you want enjoy reading more in detail take a look to this

Anonymous said;
>>If you want (TO read these) in more detail, take a look (AT) this


2º Post.
-------

I wrote;
>Originally from Irony.com a diverting site with comics and a lot humour about the american society, and sometimes spanish as well. :)

Anonymous said;
>>Originally from Irony.com (AN ENTERTAINING) site with (CARTOONS) and a lot humour about (whitout the) American society, and sometimes (ABOUT) Spanish (SOCIETY) as well. :)

3º Post.
-------

I wrote;
>the teacher give us a special homework.

Anonymous said;
<>> the teacher give us (without a) (SOME) special homework.

I wrote;
>when I have it ready I will write here.

Anonymous said;
>> when I have it ready I will write (IT) here.


4º Post.
-------

I wrote;
>Working in some english exercises I have found this great internet page about the Greatest Films of the history, the cool of this page is that you can listen the most

Anonymous said;
>>(WHILE) working (ON) some (E)nglish exercises, I (without have) found this great internet page about the Greatest Films (without of the) (IN) history, the cool (PART) of this page is that you can listen (TO) the most

Aclaration from anonymous;
> cool PART of == cool thing about
>PART here doesn't mean like a piece of it, it means the cool ASPECT of it


5º Post.
-------

I wrote;
>(ARTICLES III) We use no article when...

Anonymous said;
>> (ARTICLES III) We (DON'T) use an article when...

Other possiblity
>>We also DON'T use an article with



6º Post.
-------

I wrote;
>We use a(n) when...

Anonymous said;
>> (ARTICLES II) We use (aN) article when..

Another aclarations from anonymous;
>>>o mejor : We (DO) use (aN) article when..
>>Add DO for emphasis since the previous post was about when We DON'T use an article.


>>>Yo sé que en español todos son lo mismo :
>>Uso = I use, I am using, I do use



7º Post.
-------

I wrote;
>in the future of their children

Anonymous said;
>>better : in their children's future

I wrote;
>they do not fully understand.

Anonymous said;
>>better: they don't fully understand.

I wrote
>(blank) concern is growing in

Anonymous said;
>>there is a growing concern in

I wrote;
>The concern comes as schools

Anonymous said;
>>better: This concern comes as ...


8º Post.
-------

I wrote;
> I didn't know what means "smirk", but he explained me with a picture like this.
This tip, remember me the post i did some days ago. :)

Anonymous said;
>>I didn't know what ("smirk" meant), but he explained (it) with a picture like this.
This reminded me of the post ...


Aclaration from anonymous;
>>smirk es como tu sonrisa cuando crees que eres más listo que alquien y esa persona no lo sabe.


9º Post.
-------

I wrote
>Death poets society

Anonymous said;
>>en verdad es Dead Poets Society


Thanks Anonymous friend!

No comments: